Re: Topband: Receving systems

To: 'W0MU Mike Fatchett' <w0mu@w0mu.com>, Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Receving systems
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:53:05 -0600
Subject: Topband: Receving systems

I have just installed the DX Eng 4 sq Rcv array.  I built it with 70ft
sides
for 80/160.  It seems to work pretty well on both bands.

I am wanting to build another rcv antanna to compliment this.  I was
considering the K9AY loops.  Would there be a better system that would
compliment the 4 sq array?

Beverages could be a challenge as we have horses and lots of fences.

Mike W0MU

Mike,

IMO you would be wasting your time.  The other choice is a low or high
dipole or inverted V.

Doug/VA5DX