Re: Topband: Top Band Magic on Wednesday Evening

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Top Band Magic on Wednesday Evening
From: KJ0M <kj0m@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:17:56 -0600
charles Lewis <s9ss160m@yahoo.com> wrote on Fri, 24 Nov 2006 02:25:46
-0800 (PST):

> I worked about 120 stations, not counting several dupes.  Of those,
> 88 were North Americans coast to coast.  Among them were at least
> one CA (NI6T), a WY, and a couple of MTs.

I was one of the stations you worked, Charles, and one of the dupes.
I thought you came back to me the first time but there was a deep
fade at just the wrong time and I wasn't sure, so I worked you again
a bit later. You called me back to confirm that I was already in the
log for the first QSO. On the second QSO, you were Q5 the whole time
and I listened for some time afterward, and you continued very strong
for some time in South Dakota. The band was full of DX that evening.

I was thrilled to work you on Top Band and would like to thank you
for your many contacts on many bands. S9 stations just won't be as
omnipresent  as you have been these past years. You will be sorely
missed by the DX community.

Have a good retirement and thanks again.

73,

Jim
KJ0M
.-.-.