Topband: 33', 50', 60' inverted "L" comparison assistance request

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 33', 50', 60' inverted "L" comparison assistance request
From: "k3hx@juno.com" <k3hx@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 01:47:50 GMT
Dear Topbanders,

In preparation for the upcoming 160 meter contest, I'm trying to

decide if it is worth the effort to increase the support height

of the vertical portion of an inverted "L".

My ground resistance is estimated to be 17 ohms and this is about as

low as I can go given the limitations of my property.  Estimate based

on ON4UN's book data.

I'd be grateful if someone more computer-literate than I could

determine the dB loss compared to a "ideal" full 1/4 wave vertical

for each of the following cases.  Assume whatever toploading is

required is acomplished by the horizontal portion of the inverted

"L."

Case 1:  Vertical portion 33' tall

Case 2:  Vertical portion 50' tall

Case 3:  Vertical portion 60' tall