Re: Topband: QSL from HP1?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: QSL from HP1?
From: topband-bounces@contesting.com (by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 06:20:49 -0500
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:29:30 +0000
From: "Louis Anciaux" <hp3xug@gmail.com>

Bob,
Sady that operation was invalid, as were some others previous.
Stems from a DL in Panama creating his own rules and caused a big
stink leading to changes in the radio laws here - now very messy and
costly.ARRL DX did not acknowledge these operations as legal nor valid.

Haven't found out if Wil's current OPS going o n now is valid yet;
but seeing he is using his own callsign/HP1 that follows it may be
valid.  If he uses a Special Callsign this weekend, and only o the
Test weekend, that would be the proper procedure. Hope to have answer
on this later this day or so.

In meantime, best to make the QSO assuming is valid, as I expect it shall be.

I'm also available for anyone needing HP on most bands, next back on
SAT & EME also.

Vry 73,
Louis
HP3XUG, KG6UH