Topband: Antenna Testing

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antenna Testing
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:52:02 -0500
Good Day All,

I wonder if there might be any Amateur(s) reading this who live within --- or
perhaps, who may be as close as possible to --- an approximately 30-mile radius
of my QTH...?

I'd like to conduct some F/S & F/B tests with my phased array, but I want to
minimize any potential impact that the high-angle residual RF from the
horizontal portions of my "L's" might factor into the results...I believe the
best way to do this would be via ground-wave.

Anyone no further away --- in Ontario --- than Toronto, or Peterborough, would
probably do nicely, I think (however, the closer, the better!). In New York, a
station between Buffalo & Rochester would probably be FB.

I reside in the village of Newcastle (pop. 8500), 43.55N - 78.35W. We have a
(registered) Ham population of no less than 25 Hams here --- but I seem to be
the only active one! Similarly, there ar no active Top Band Hams anywhere in
the immediate vicinity, that I know of...

It sure can be tough by times, living in the "...isolated boonies" like I
do...no matter, any & all feedback is welcomed. Once I hear from a potential
candidate(s), we can establish the best mutual time for a sked...

Thank-you!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ