Topband: BOG antenna ?

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: BOG antenna ?
From: "Gary Marks" <gmarks@neo.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 19:54:38 -0500
I'd like to here from the group as to what you think of a 500 ft. long BOG
antenna laid on the ground in a somewhat "zig-zag" configuration.  I don't have
the real estate to run 500 ft. of wire in a straight line. I would like for the
antenna to receive signals from "all directions" so the end would just lay on
the ground and not be terminated. I would use a pre-amp as I understand the
signals from this type of antenna are not as strong as from an elevated
Beverage.

What do you think the success would be for this type antenna with a few turns
in the wire over 500 ft. ?

Gary