Re: Topband: short beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: short beverages
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 12:00:44 -0500

Many thanks for replies, all.

If you're curious, here's how it distilled down:

*  Lots of experience with 250'-300' beverages.
        none in the 130-250' range.

*  Some observed shorter beverages were better lower...
        even on-ground.

*  N2TK has done exhaustive work with pennants, ewes, AY loops
        and 300' beverages.  Observes that vactrol tuning for loops
        is important to improving s/nr.

My plan:

*  Try a NE/SW beverage, BOG, along the back property line for 250'
        organize a 2 wire version, if possible, with switching.
*  Try a single rotatable AY loop, a la W2UP, with vactrol tuning
        to optimize s/n.
*  Research pennants and see what might fit on the property.

Now, to sort out the tx side of this problem.  THERE, I mostly
know the answers, I just have to settle on one approach, and
do the work.  Ground system first.  Ell or Tee to follow.

73,

n2ea