Topband: Need Advice (Long Wire Antenna Materials)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Need Advice (Long Wire Antenna Materials)
From: Edward Sylvester <navydude1962@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:27:06 -0700 (PDT)
Since I will likely be using this antenna for the Low Bands, I thought this
would be a good group to poll for wire advice.  My friend and I are trying to
optimally utilize some very tall cedar pines on his 5 acre property.

  We've decided that a Long Wire is best, for now.....The spance between the
two support trees is ~1000 feet.  What kind of wire would you use for this
application, keeping in mind the continuous swaying of the trees, the distance,
the elements, etc?

  We only wanna have to do this once, so all solemn advice will be taken
seriously!

  Might you have a better suggestion for an all band antenna that would be
supported between two trees, 1000' apart??  Your input is appreciated.

  Thanks and 73,
  Ed NI6S