Re: Topband: Stew Perry Contest Plaque Thank You

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry Contest Plaque Thank You
From: "WS6X" <ws6x@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 16:33:04 -0700
I too, echo Pat, N8VW's sentiments re the SP Contest. It is truly a well
thought-out, delightful contest. Here's my thanks to all the brain power,
experience and dedication behind its conception and execution.

2005 was my first time out for the SP. I had a lot of fun even though I was
battling the flu the entire time. Even though I didn't have much to show, I
submitted my logs. I figured that was the end of the story!

I was totally blown away when the postman delivered a beautiful plaque on
Monday. "Top score, 100% S & P, WS6X" (Thanks Dennis, K7FL, for sponsoring
that category.) I'm still in shock!

I just have one question for the awards committee: Was I the ONLY entry in
that category?  :)

I am now so inspired for this year's event, I plan to take down my 160M
half-sloper and soak it for 48 hours before the contest in a bucket of the
secret elixir I developed in the off season!

Thanks again to all involved.

Jim - WS6X