Topband: Pointing the K9AY

To: "Topband 160" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Pointing the K9AY
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:50:04 -0500
I have a question on pointing the K9AY loop or any loop for that matter:

It has always been my understanding that you point the face of a loop toward
the signal or area of interest.

As an example:
If you were Europe and I wanted EU when I pointed the loop at you then you
would be looking through the hole. Of course I would
point it a little to the northeast (I think).

But you get the point.

Have I been wrong all this time?

Is it the side of the loop you point?

If it is the side then then does it matter which side? As with the K9AY loop is
it the side of the resistor?

I probably wont be able to make the loop rotatable as I have no rotator to use
with it so I need to know so I can make it stationary
pointing to EU from EM12ds.

  73 fer nw,
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM)
http://www.ad5vj.com/