Re: Topband: Delaware report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Delaware report
From: Takeshi Yoshida <ja3aaw@sannet.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:45:00 +0900
At 20:22 +0900, 2006/09/27, you wrote:
>This morning was the first in several days that I made it to the shack for
>sunrise.
>
>The band was pretty quiet, though initially heard no DX coming through. But
>that quickly changed as VK3ZL called in at 1038z, then a surprise from JH2FXK
>at 1047z, then JA3AAW (peaking 579) and JA1CGM right at my 1054z sunrise.
>VK6VZ closed out the "run" at 1056z. The ZL digi was still audible several
>minutes later.
>
>The JA signals flip-flopped peaking between a short, single-wire 500 ft
>Beverage and the broadside phased pair of 935 feet, no doubt as the wave angle
>changed around SR. Both antennas are aimed direct path at 320 degrees.
>
>While we have heard JA signals as early as August, this is one of the earliest
>solid openings I can recall.
>
>73/Jon AA1K
>Delaware
>www.aa1k.us

Good morning Jon san,    Thank you for very nice QSO on 160M.

I have not good ears and much local QRN on 160M, so that I seldom
watch north America.

In my memory, I worked East Coast like W1,2,3 and VE1 between
December and January in 1990s only.

Then, when I could catch your good signal in such a early season
and you gave 579 report, I was very surprised indeed.
Though I sent you 559, peaking was 569 and got all of your info
like ur name and QTH.

I hope I could hear many of EC stations in this season.

By the way, CX5BW gave me my #39 zone 10 days ago.
I guess more than 10 JA top-banders are waiting for their last one
for 160M-WAZ and probably all of they need only ZONE #2 (included me). :-)

My 160M ant: 1/2 wave length inverted vee dipole, 30 mtrs at center and
9-10 mtrs at both end.   You can see that ant pix at my Web top-page.