Re: Topband: Broadcast Radio??

To: "160 reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Broadcast Radio??
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:53:40 -0400
For what it is worth, the dominant 1820 signal heard within
a a few thousand miles of the Caribbean is from Radio 91 in
the Dominican Republic.
This is an ACTUAL harmonic from a homebrew 910 kHz
transmitter that was installed late in 2003.

There are actually a dozen or more harmonics or IM products
that are the transmitter's fault on 160 meters.

I'm not saying problems like this can't be in a receiving
system. I'm just pointing out many transmitting systems have
flaws and radiate on 160 meters. The  Spanish Radio 91 on
1820 is a good case of a defective transmitter.

73 Tom