Topband: 600 m operation

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 600 m operation
From: "Rudy Severns" <rudys@ordata.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:41:42 -0700
As many of you are aware, a group of us has begun experimental operation on
600 m (505-510) kHz.  I am on the air at 506 kHz operating in the beacon
mode.  The message is:

VVV VVV VVV VVV VVV  DE WD2XSH/20 WD2XSH/20 K.

After each transmission there is a 40 second pause and then the message
repeats.

The planned operating times will be 0100Z to 0430Z every day possible.  No
doubt there will be some exceptions but I will do my best to be regular for
the next 3-4 weeks.

I have up a 130' vertical with a 300' top loading wire and am running the
maximum allowed power so I should be audible over much of the western USA.

I would appreciate any signal reports.  Please send them to me off this
reflector at: rudys@ordata.com.  This will be a very interesting experiment
and we all hope it  results in a new MF band for hams.  That of course is
very much for the future. Right now we need to see what we can accomplish
with this experimental license.

Thanks everyone and 73,

Rudy N6LF