Re: Topband: EXCITMENT

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: EXCITMENT
From: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:30:30 -0500
On Wednesday 20th September, Bob wrote...

>Well for all those who helped I just wanted you to know I just
>logged New Zealand ZL3SQ at 0943Z and Canada is about to blow my
>speakers out.

Bob,

Per chance that wasn't VE3CUI with such a commanding signal, now, was
it...?!

I'm S-L-O-W-L-Y getting back on the band this season, pending the retirement
(soon!) of the lawn mower here. My baby steps include the use of just one of
my three new inverted "L's", all which shall come into sync as a triangular
phased array once the frost sets in.

This "temporary" set-up has only three 1/8-wave radials, & I'm limited to
just 100-watts pending some much-needed work on the amplifier here...still,
I have reached out as far as the State of Louisiana. which is probably about
as good as it'll get for me for the next 4 weeks, or so...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

PS: Other "VE"-types heard on the band of late: VE3OSZ, VE1ZJ, & VE1ZZ...