Re: Topband: Linear loaded vertical H

To: armin.ficza@nokia.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Linear loaded vertical H
From: John Tait <bravo@iol.ie>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:02:16 +0100
> I modelled a vertical H antenna with folded legs, 12m height and 34m
> wide.
> It looks fine from gain point of view and max radiation at 20 degrees.

*Hi Armin..
         I have been using this type of antenna for some years with very
good results.    http://www.iol.ie/~bravo/low_band_antennae.htm   For
reasons similar to your own, I cannot put out an effective radial
system. I took the idea from Rudy N6LF's article in QEX. You can
download it from Rudy's site at
http://rudys.typepad.com/ant/files/antenna_vertical_loaded.pdf*
> The only problem is, that if I feed it on middle of the vertical
> element, that Z is only 6-4j ohms. Is it possible to use like that? I
> have an idea of feed it with parallel feedline.
>
> And, is it possible to fold it one more time? (still to wide... What
> will the effect of that?
>
> Sorry for the rockie question, but I really would like operate on
> topband, but space is limiting me...

*I got a good match to 50 Ohm when centre feeding the vertical wire, but
I now feed it at the base..i.e. the juction of the bottom capacity hat,
and the vertical wire, where I also see a good match, and where it's
much better from a mechanical point of view.

73  John EI7BA    http://www.iol.ie/~bravo/*