Re: Topband: radial wire

To: wd4kpd@cox.net, Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: radial wire
From: "Missouri Guy, N0TT" <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 02:07:46 +0000
> is galvanized steel electric fence wire ok, or how can it be made ok
> ?
> aluminum electric fence wire ok ?

Hi David,

It depends on how long you want it to last.  The galvanized stuff
will last several years.  Even if it rusts (and is still intact), the
rusty
wire will provide a much better grounding system than "normal" soil.

I wouldn't use bare aluminum wire in my field becasue it will corrode
very quickly and become very brittle....and it's already very brittle
to begin with.  Not a good choice IMHO.

Insulated or bare copper wire, sometimes available at some scrap
metal yards, would be great if you can find it.  Home Depot is
another source of wire at reasonable prices.

73,
Charlie  N0TT