Topband: LBOW & WAS

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: LBOW & WAS
From: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:46:29 -0600
I was going to support the Logbook of the World by requesting a 5BWAS
certificate.  I know I have a WAS on every band many times over.  But I cannot
yet submit my request.  It seems as though some states are quite missing in
action.

For example, I have Wyoming in my log about 22 times on Topband--and that's
from 12 different calls.  Yet not ONE of them has taken the time to upload
their logs, so my stats sit at 49 states.  How can this be?  I'm missing South
Carolina on 4 bands!  Yet they are in my log under dozens and dozens of
callsigns.  North Dakota is missing on 3 bands--same story.  Get this, INDIANA
missing on 15M?  There has to be thousands of IN stations in my log.

Set Power Control to 1.5KW...

If a few people with deep logs in these rare states like INDIANA (geez
whatsupwithat?) and WYOMING and NORTH DAKOTA could post your logs to LBOW, the
ARRL could start collecting credit money for sending out awards, and a few hams
that chase such paper as a hobby could start enjoying their efforts a little
bit more too.  LBOW is not just about collecting awards, it is also about
others collecting their awards.  Do them a favor--POST YOUR LOGS.
http://www.arrl.org/lotw/

Set Power Control to 100W...

Thanks for the opportunity to rant.  Back to our regularly scheduled
programming...

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com