Re: Topband: RG6

To: "Ed Stallman" <n5blz@ev1.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RG6
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:46:23 -0800
From: "Ed Stallman" <n5blz@ev1.net>

> Hello All
> I'm at a new location in the country with room for antennas. I'm burying
> coax, control line to new tower and would like to add RG6 for receive coax
> for a beverage! My question : is 300 feet of rg6 from beverage to receiver
> ok? or should I go with something bigger like rg8x ?

Stick with the RG6, Ed. It will be cheaper and the
difference in loss compared to RG8X will hardly be
measurable (about 0.3dB on a 300' run according to
N6BV's TLW program). Commscope sells 1000' rolls
on their website ($121 with tax and shipping). You can
probably find it even cheaper if you shop for price a
little. Not sure, but you may be able to find a direct
bury version with a flooded jacket if you are going that
route (I bought mine for above ground use, so it didn't
matter).

Conrgratulations on the new QTH.