Topband: 9m2ax

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 9m2ax
From: "Robert King" <w3gh@kiski.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:33:23 -0500
Topbanders,

What a surprise!  Forty minutes before the contest ended at my sunset (2320utc)
last night I turned the Rx dial to 1831.5 and heard 9M2AX cqing (559).

Only me, G3ZRS, and an Italian station were calling him that I could hear-also
NO2R before he was gone. Bingo, I was in the log at 2328z and G3ZRS followed. A
very short opening.  Have only heard Ross once before at his sunrise during the
year? of Heard Is. expedition. A long dry spell to SE Asia for me!  Only four
new ones this season so far-R1MVC, 4J5A, 3Y0X and 9M2AX. Top band is"the band"!

No Beverage antennas here. Tx and Rx on vertical or inverted vee dipole at 55
meters. I was using the 80ft linear loaded vertical.

Bob W3GH
Checked by AVG Free Edition.