Topband: 8R1EA (AH8DX) Friday

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 8R1EA (AH8DX) Friday
From: "ah8dx Craig Maxey" <ah8dx@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 04:04:03 -0800
WOW! What a night. I am pooped. I stayed on 160 all night last night. 157
stations made it into the log. 36 of them were Euro's. A gud number of OH
stations had gud sigs. Even an HA station on ssb. Nothing heard out of
LA-land though. As the night went on and closer to the EU sunrise the
conditions got worse even though I hung in there. I noticed propagation took
big big dips, signals disappeared for long periods and would never recover.
Stations tell me that they worked ops up the Caribbean Island chain and
can't understand why they couldn't hear me. I don't know why. Maybe just the
distance far enough south or maybe my low inverted vee. Possibly the boys in
the islands are running verticals.

Sorry I couldn't get more in the log. Even though the ARRL contest is this
weekend. If EU stations hear me well enough on ssb, please give me a call, I
will try to work you anyway even if no points are counted.

Thanks to everyone and I just wish I could have put more in the log on the
top band.

Gud Dx,

Craig Maxey, AH8DX & 8R1EA