Topband: 8R1EA (AH8DX) Wed. Night

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 8R1EA (AH8DX) Wed. Night
From: "ah8dx Craig Maxey" <ah8dx@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 04:39:17 -0800
Boy, what a night. Last nights total was 184 cw and very few ssb made it into the log. Loudest signal out of Europe was HB9ATA. The wall of stateside stations was there and all of a sudden, HB9ATA came over the top of them. It took a couple of calls on my behalf to get him in the log. A few F and DL made it also, gud job and tnx for lsitening well.

Static crashes from the equator and of course noise makes it very difficult. Took a little break from the noise and went to 80 ssb and worked a load of guys. Cdx on 160 and 80 seem to be holding up and hope that the weekend brings more q's on these two bands.

I worked a ZL at my sunrise but the qsb took him away. At my local sunrise I called and called on cw for 45 minutes and no one heard me I guess.

CU guys tonight again.

Craig, AH8DX & 8R1EA