Re: Topband: keying speed

To: Topband@Contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: keying speed
From: "Hugh Valentine" <hsvdds@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:31:29 GMT
But the 30WPM may "Squeek" between crasheds to result in a full copy.  Since
there are "Slow" and "Fast" variables in conditions, and we usually are not
aware of what the conditions are at the other end of transmission, I submit
that the Speed selection is a Gamble.  The 20 WPM may be the best Guess.
Obviously 3 WPM and 40 WPM inherently create their own restrictions.
But I would agree that about 20 WPM would be my opinion as to this hypothetical
"Dilema."
No scientifically based Pat answer, in my thinking.
But, Hey, I haven't operated in several years, what do I know?
73,  Nice to see some old friends as I played contest in the 160 and ARRL..
It's humbling to call someone with a 26Ga wire up 25' on Top Band......But
Still Fun!
Val, N4RJ