Topband: Beverage Pointing

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beverage Pointing
From: "wa5pok" <wa5pok@ev1.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:05:32 -0600
I can only wish I had the problem of pointing a beverage.
Unfortunately I live on a 60' X 90' city lot and I don't have the space
for a beverage. The K9AY loop has been great for me. It is pointed
to null noise.

To point a beverage or anything else:
1. buy a compass calibrated to the precision you require
2. go to this web site and obtain your magnetic declination for your
QTH: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/seg/geomag/jsp/Declination.jsp
3. Use your compass to determine the magnetic North from your
QTH
4. Add or subtract the magnetic declination.
5. Your direction is close enough for government (DX) work.

This has worked every time from any QTH I have occupied to point
beams, quads, dipoles, verticals,  etc. I hope this works for ya'll

73, Mike WA5POK