Topband: UNUN for Inverted L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: UNUN for Inverted L
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:09:27 -0500
  I just bought a 1.78 : 1 UNUN for my inverted L.. It is a W2FMI  1.78:1 HDU50
. Says it is for
  inverted L's, short verticals.

  My antenna is close to 130 feet long - 50 ft vertical and the rest
horizontal. I have 4 elevated
  130 ft full size radials and a few also cut for 80 since I have a jumper to
use it on that band as well.

  When feed the antenna directly I have a SWR below 2:1 for about 50 kz.  When
I add the UNUN in line  the SWR goes above 3:1 and can't seem to get it below
that even though I have adjusted the wire length of the antenna. I can't seem
to find a SWR dip anywhere with the MFJ antenna analyzer. Did I buy the wrong
UNUN ?? or maybe I have it hooked up wrong. I have it installed
at the feedpoint of the coax and wire. I have tried both the 50-12.5 and 50-28
ohm positions.

   They also sell an UNUN that is for 50ohms -22 ohms and 50 ohms- 25 ohms
(2.1:1 HDU50) but the description says it for matching a junction of two
parallel 50 ohm  coax cables.

  Jeff , KU8E