Topband: Amazing results with a single mobile whip!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Amazing results with a single mobile whip!
From: fredhwagner@comcast.net (Fred Wagner KQ6Q)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:28:07 +0000
Many thanks to the 35 stations in 14 states that answered me! My antenna -
don't giggle, please - is a Valor PHF-160B mobile whip, magmounted on the metal
roof of my mobile home. I found I could work anyone who really does have a 599
signal, as long as I wasn't fighting a pileup. (pileups on VE's and PJ2T).  On
40 meters, I've found that a hamstick dipole got better east coast contacts
that a mobile-mast vertical, so I may try a dipole with 160m whips so I can get
the high angle signals on 160 next time.
A really great contest - thanks to all!
Fred Wagner
KQ6Q
Cypress, CA