Re: Topband: Stealth Antenna Securing Line

To: Topband@Contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Stealth Antenna Securing Line
From: David Gilbert <rimradio@direcway.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:52:59 -0700
Hugh Valentine wrote:

This works great, is almost invisible and available in many diameters
and strengths.

>For Example 65# Test is about the same diameter of 10 pound test monofilament.
>Unbelieveably Strong for its small diameter  They manufacture up to about
>200+# stuff.  I use it for Fishing line. Floats,Synthetic, Braided..  They
>have a High Vis Yellow( I use for Fishing) which wouldnt be stealthy, but also
>a dark Green/Black braid which I am using to hold up/hoist my "invisible"
>antenna.    **Power Pro line by Spectra. **

Nice tip!   In case anyone wants to try some and can't find a local
dealer, there is at least one regular seller of it on eBay under the
sporting goods category.  I saw listings for the stuff up to 250 pounds
strength.

Dave  AB7E