Topband: MFJ 1026 Phase Adjustment

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: MFJ 1026 Phase Adjustment
From: "Rich Roadhouse" <richroad@telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 06:39:30 -0700
I have had some success using this device for cancelling noise, but often run
into a problem where I run out of phase adjustment. If I change the noise
antenna, I don't get enough noise signal. On W8JI's website he talks about a
mod to add a capacitor from the bottom of R16 to ground. Has anyone tried this,
and if so: Did it work, and what size of capacitor did you use? Tom says it is
so long since he looked at the 1026 he can't remember the details.
Thanks
Rich VE6AX
ve6ax@rac.ca