Topband: CQWW160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: CQWW160
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:30:37 -0500
W8JI:
 >2.) The best time to tell everyone the logs aren't checked
is three days before the contest starts.

         Actually it's a perfect time!  I suspect
logs for this running of the CQ 160 will be
scrutinized like they *NEVER* have before, thanks
to UA6LV and crew.  This should serve as a not-
so-subtle warning shot across the bow to guys who
are thinking of padding their logs.  I've been
promised by the very top of the CQ WW contest
management team that this will NOT happen again.
Cheaters be forewarned!

         Thank you again Vlad for identifying this
problem!  Had you not done so, I suspect nothing
would have been changed.  I feel your timing was
perfect to get the appropriate attention on this
problem.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  Re the exchange, why do some want to
reinvent the wheel of the best 160 contest?  If
you don't like the exchange, please enter the
Stew Perry (Grid SQ) or WPX (S/N) instead.