Topband: Temporary radial question.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Temporary radial question.
From: Ffive VHN <f5vhn@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:39:26 +0000 (GMT)
Hello,
I have a question concerning temporary radials.
I have full use of my garden during the winter months,
then it reverts back to a family area when the weather
improves.

I have a number of reels of 100m of wire. I do not
really want to cut these 100m lengths just for some
temporary radials.
My garden is only 50m a cross with the vertical in the
middle.

How should I lay out my radials ?

1) Run the wire straight out from the antenna and then
run the rest of the wire at right angles. Like a
horizontal/flat inverted L.

2) spiral the wire away from the base of the antenna.
>From the top view this would look like a large swirl.

3) Straight out from the base of the antenna and then
leave the unused length coiled on the reel. (to me it
looks like a large inductor at the end of the cable.

4) run the wire out from the base  and then reconnect
the other end back at the antenna, making a huge loop?
 This would be like connecting 2 radials at the far
end.

5) ????

Thanks for your input.
73 Robert F5VHN (Ex-G0HGW)