Re: Topband: Beverage question...

To: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage question...
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:52:29 -0500
> the wire - at about 5' height with a ground wire going
down the
> 5' to the ground system (4 ground rods). Is this a
problem?

Mount them at any height. It does not matter one bit.

> Second I want to "isolate" my feed coax - anyone know the
best
> (read lowest cost) place to get the ferrites for doing
this? I
> will need 100 plus so a reasonable cost is hoped for. Also
if
> you know a part number or description.

Why? The feedpoint inside the box is already isolated with
over many thousands of ohms impedance.
You would go broke doing that with beads.

If you want to improve isolation further, ground the
feedline some distance away with a grounding block and
ground rod. Any added impedance near the box is a wasted
effort.

73 Tom