Topband: Beverage question...

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beverage question...
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:37:20 -0500
K9RX:

 >I want to "isolate" my feed coax - anyone know the best
(read lowest cost) place to get the ferrites for doing this? I
will need 100 plus so a reasonable cost is hoped for. Also if
you know a part number or description.

         You may not need this if you run your coax on
the ground since I believe the DXE design uses
binocular transformers with isolated windings which
already isolates your feed line.  W8JI can comment
if I'm wrong.

         If you plan to use ferrites anyway, you
probably want the FB-73-2401 available for $15
per 100 from The Wireman.  They fit over small
coax although you may need to first remove the
outer covering and then waterproof.

http://thewireman.com/baluns.html#901

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV