Topband: Fw: ABOUT INV L ANTENNAS ON 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Fw: ABOUT INV L ANTENNAS ON 160
From: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:02:24 -0500
From: <ik0yvv@libero.it>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: Topband: ABOUT INV L ANTENNAS ON 160

> I'm having a big trouble with the antenna i was going to raise:the
carbonium fiber pole collapsed!I have to move the whole antenna into another
field where i have not room for the orizontal inv L,so i have to made a T
design with the 2 wires sloping about 30°( a tipical umbrella design).... i
know that in this confirguration the 2 wire must be longer then on tipical
inv L configuration....have you any idea of how long have tey to be?
> Thanks in advance.
> 73s and ciao de:
> IK0YVV
> Marco

Good Evening Gentlemen,

Per the above message sent to me from Marco (IK0YVV) to-day, I wonder if
anyone reading this, who has had some "...real-world" experience with "T"
antennas on the band, might please get back to him with some tricks of the
trade in this regard...?

I personally came *this* close to erecting a "T" myself this year --- for
the first time --- but my re-loacated "L" has worked out so well for me that
I stopped just short.of the wire-stringing phase. If you wouldn't minding
helping yet another enthusiastic DX station get in on Topband, please feel
free to get back to him directly at ik0yvv@libero.it

Many thanks...!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ