Topband: RM 11305/11306

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RM 11305/11306
From: "Dave Bowker" <dbowker@mail.sjv.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:58:03 -0500
The only concern I have with RM-11306 is with the 160M portion of the proposed
plan.  It does not
allocate a narrow bandwidth segment (200 Hz), but rather it allocates the
entire band a 3.5 kHz BW.
This flies in the face of the IARU band plans in Regions 1, 2 & 3 as well as
the ARRL's own 160M
band plan, all of which do allocate a narrow BW segment which is harmonious
across all regions.

However, RM-11305 requires careful evaluation.  As I interpret it, this RM
basically wants to do
away with bandwidth segments altogether and allow any mode anywhere, subject to
"good judgment".

May I suggest that comments posted to TopBand regarding these RMs only address
the 160M issues in
order to keep the QRN level reasonable.

73, Dave, K1FK
Fort Kent, ME