Topband: ABOUT INV L ANTENNAS ON 160

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ABOUT INV L ANTENNAS ON 160
From: "ik0yvv@libero.it" <ik0yvv@libero.it>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 15:50:47 +0100
Hi Guys,
first of all happy new year to everybody.
I'm planning to set up an inv L for 160 with a vertical pole of more or less
65ft and the horizontal part will be fixed some 40m away.
I'm not a tecnical so i've several doubts about the constrution of this easy
antenna,can someone help me in answering to my "silly" questions?
The pole is a carbonium fiber pole that is used even to support the 80m 1/4
vertical and a dual band 40/30 vertical dipoles ,there are will be 3 feed lines
at the bottom of the pole and 4 wires antennas !I know this is not the perfect
conditions at all....but i have to leave with my new neighbourgs and let them
"understand" me.....
But let's talk about the inv. L:the wire should be about 41 meters long and i'm
thinking to use just 1 elevated vertical about 40m long (just 2 mts high),i'd
like to know if i can feed this antenna directly with the coax line or i have
to think to find some big difference between the ant and the coax.
Thanks in advance for your help.
73s de:
IK0YVV
Marco