Re: Topband: Trying To Make Sense Of It All...

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Trying To Make Sense Of It All...
From: Steve Ireland <vk6vz@arach.net.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:24:51 +0800
VE3CUI wrote:
>Last night, for the first time in a long time, the charts were coloured
>green --- AND the WWV "K" index was zero, with the "A" index down to a
>lowly single digit...AND the band was in great condition across North America.

Firstly, apologies to Gerry Rafferty and Joe Egan ('Stealer' s Wheel')

"Well I don't why I came here tonite.

I got a feelin' that somethin' ain't right.

Although the K index has fallen to the floor,

I don't think I  can take any more.

Static to the left of me, QRN to the right,

Here I am, stuck on the topband with you."

------

Well, I'm tryin' to make some sense of it all,

But I can see it makes no sense at all.

I keep tryin' to keep the smile on my face,

But the A index is goin' all over the place.

Dragon's breath to the left of me, QRM to the right,

Here  I am, stuck on 160 with you."

Happy New Year to all topbanders (and may the nice conditions in the
northern half of the world drift down to the southern hemisphere...)

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ