Re: Topband: WIFI and 160m

To: vk6vz@arach.net.au, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: WIFI and 160m
From: W8AV@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 07:11:21 EST
Steve:

  I also have a wireless router within about 10 feet of my 160 station  and
have had not problems whatsoever with interference on topband or  interference
to the router from my transmitted 160 signal.  I am using the  80211g Linksys
router so that the XYL can access the internet without having to  make a trip
to the basement shack

 The only thing that I have to careful of is not to pick up the 2 GHz
cordless telephone when we are using the WIFI since this will result in a  lost
internet connection due to interference from the phone.  I am going to  have to
upgrade the 2 GHz phone to a 5 GHz model to get rid of this  problem.  But that
is for another time.

73..............de Goose, W8AV