Topband: Condx to UK

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Condx to UK
From: David Gilbert <rimradio@direcway.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:30:27 -0700
This evening was an encouraging sign for the Stew Perry contest this
weekend.  Several UK stations were especially strong into Arizona.   I
had to give G3JMJ a 599 at 0737z and his signal was worth every dah of
it.  I passed him over the first time I tuned across his CQ because I
was sure he was stateside.  GM0GAV peaked about S7 when I worked him at
0748z but he was still S5 when I shut the rig off at 0800z.  ON4WW was
also strong but happened to park on a local spur that mostly blotted him
out.  Static crashes seemed to be worse this evening than they have been
lately, but the strong signal levels more than made up for them.

Good vibes ...

Dave  AB7E