Re: Topband: strange echos

To: "Dennis OConnor" <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: strange echos
From: "Ian Keyser" <ian.keyser@btopenworld.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:35:16 -0000
At first there was a trailing tail to my dots.   This appeard to fade and
then the secod dot in the middle of the space appeared.... and got strong, S
5 or so.... this then faded away over a tens of minutes and the tail re
appeared.

I am really not sure of the speed, I know I was not going fast, and so it's
a guess at 18.

What really annoys me now is that I run an IC7800 and have never explored
the record button on it.... thinking it was a bit of a gimmic as you cannot
re transmit it, I'll read up about that now!

Last night the trailing echo was present but never heard the longer delayed
echo.

Come to think of it I would say that the delayed echo not delayed as long as
an HF round the world signal.

Ian, G3ROO