Topband: Contests

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Contests
From: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:05:27 -0600
>...reward the stations who can't run EU all night
>...the window rarely supports more than a handful of DX
>...the ARRL 160M contest is a thing of the past
>...create a S&P only category
>...let's make a new contest
>...etc. (with apologies for taking these out of context)
______________

"You gotta fix it" complaints have shown up after every contest since I can
remember.  While there are times when contests may benefit from some
tweaking of the rules, each one has its own distinctive flavor and that's
fine with me.

Contests are -- above all -- enjoyable personal challenges.  I had a ball
with a Field Day style operation at my unfinished new QTH.  69 DX QSOs ain't
bad from the alleged Black Hole.  Am I going to complain because VY2ZM works
1000 DX stations or some W1, 2, 3 or 4 (or another 9) doubles my score?  Are
you kidding?  I'm just going to work on my operating and put up better
antennas before the next one!

73, Gary
K9AY