Topband: Hazards with dirty Harry

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Hazards with dirty Harry
From: df2py@t-online.de
Date: 11 Dec 2005 12:03 GMT
Hi reflectees !
I guess the thought about doing some policing the frequencies, after there is
agreement on how to use the spectrum( e.g "DX-window) is generally OK. BUT ! -
as we are more or less all using CW, it is all too easy to "mimic" a call and
use that bootlegged call to get the holder a bad reputation, just a single
mis-using in the above mentioned window in a contest, would kick that innocent
guy down the stairs. We had the same with the "black list" of DX peds in the
70s and 80s, You never know if You hit the right guy. Here in Europe it happens
all too often that calls are bootlegged ( happens to me too) and many people
are not able to know the difference between a pirated call and the real
station. To make a long story short, in CW mode the identification is not easy
and "punishment" based on that bears the hazards of real unjustice.
good dx everybody     de wolf