Topband: ARRL 160 Contest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ARRL 160 Contest
From: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 12:19:59 -0500
Conditions seemed to be pretty good here last night & this morning...actually
worked my first "5T5" station on Top-Band!

This morning I managed to work Canada from the proverbial
"...sea-to-shining-sea", per QSOs with both "VO1" & "VE7"...lots of west coast
7 & 6 types, too...

That's it for me, however --- tonight is the start of the AWA 1929 QSO Party, &
I'll participating in it with a 1923-style push-pull Colpitts self-excited
transmitter, & a 12-tube homebrewed superheterodyne...talk about a change of
pace, too! Forty-plus QSOs will practically guarantee you a berth in the "Top
Ten" box ---and this is a two weekend event!

Good luck with the contest, & vy

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ