Re: Topband: MFJ1025

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: MFJ1025
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:28:24 -0800
> I have looked through the manual but it fails to mention if there is any
> minimum spacing requirement between the Main antenna and the Noise antenna.
> Anyone have a feel for this or what seems to work well?

Well, it really depends on many things.  I used one to force two loaded
towers to be somewhat directive - which were about 100 feet apart.

If you are using it in the more traditional mode of a noise cancelling
device - you would want any antenna that picks up the noise - and not
so much signal - so you would probably want it to be at least a 1/4
wave away from your TX antenna - and small enough not to have much
mutual coupling.

Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net