Topband: Hey buddy your cable is transmitting

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Hey buddy your cable is transmitting
From: Dxhogg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:06:31 EST
Hi.Guys,I have been plagued by a terrible arcing type noise  only on 1.800
thru 1.827.  It completely disappears above and below that  frequency. Today
was
the day of reckoning I took a portable ham receiver and  walked the
neighborhood .I had started about a 1/2 mile away and worked my way  back to my
qth as
I got closer the noise was stronger at my neighbors house it  peaked.it turns
out the cable drop ground wire was a big ground loop causing the  problem
after a few ferrites and a new single point ground for his cable and  telco
service all is quiet here. a thanks goes out to w8ji for the tip off I  have
been
following has tips on his home page and thank god for a guy like  w8ji    73
ray nr1r