Topband: fighting against "beverage terrorist"

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: fighting against "beverage terrorist"
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:15:02 -0500
SP2XF:

 >But I'm thinking also to bury feed points -
the most visible  and accessible part of the antenna. The idea is to place
the box with xfmr as well as ground connection (at both ends) few inches
under the ground.

         Should work OK as long as the "hot" wire
side of connections does not touch ground.  You
could use heat shrink or plastic tubing and
insulated wire going down to the "hot" side of
the transformer / termination resistor.  Just
make sure the wire / transformer / resistor
are all insolated from the ground itself.  I
would definitely give it a try to see if it
works.

         Sad to hear you have people like that in
Poland...I thought all of them were here.  :-(

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV