Topband: Beverages

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beverages
From: "Calle Jonsson" <calle.c.jonsson@utb.boras.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:30:28 +0100
I have tried beverages ranging from 40 - 400 mtrs over poor soil.They have been
from 0,5 to 1,5 mtrs up. What strikes me is that SM6DOI:s beverages perform
much better than mine did although they were exactly the same. (SM6DOI has very
good ground). The antennas were very properly built by the books. I compared
them with my xmitting antenna (2 phased vericals) but the beverage did not work
better than the xmitting array.
Have anybody, living in poor soil country, tried to lay out one ore more ground
wires simulating a "better" ground? I havenÂt, but plan to do so soon. I bet
it will work better.

73 Carl SM6CPY