Re: Topband: Not Boring Morning

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Not Boring Morning
From: Larry Molitor <w7iuv@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:35:44 -0800 (PST)
--- Tree <tree@kkn.net> wrote:

> Tuned up to 1825.5 and heard VK9XG with a solid
> signal CQing.  He didn't say
> up 1, so I called him simplex - but some JA told me
> up 1 (I assume it was a
> JA as he was pretty weak).  Then, Charlie says "QRT
> QRT".  Lucky for me, while
> I was stuck up 1, W7IUV called a few times simplex
> and Charlie must have
> heard something and called a few more CQs.

I heard Charlie, but since I worked him a few days
back, I just listened to Tree and another station call
him. When Charlie sent QRT I sent my call a couple
times to see if I could keep him interested. I got a
QRZ and then a CQ and Tree got in there simplex real
quick. Sounded like Tree was desperate because he
didn't sign /7 !!

Earlier the ZL digi was almost inaudible on the SW
Beverage , but was good copy on the NW. Unusual as I
seldom hear any skew on the ZL digi. JT1CO was good,
peaking 579, and lasted until 15-20 mins past my
sunrise as did VK9XG. I was also hearing JA's past
sunrise working EU stations, but of course could not
hear the EU's. Everything was best on the NW beverage,
way down on the west wire, and nil on the SW wire.

Waiting to see what happens after sundown tonight!
should be interesting.

73,

Larry - W7IUV
DN07dg - central WA