Topband: Receive Antenna Switching

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Receive Antenna Switching
From: "Bill Gaines" <gaines@wcoil.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:55:09 -0500
For a couple of years now I have had a 5 pennant array which has worked pretty
well. This year I decided to utilize some adjoining land and put up a
reversible beverage system NE/SW. I just installed it this past Saturday and
was very impressed with the forward direction. I have not built the reversing
component so I don't know how well it will go in that direction.

To the point...I have a preamp in the shack for the pennants and can also run
the beverage thru it if necessary. Since the pennants "float" above ground and
the beverage is grounded will I encounter any problems of coupling if I use a
simple coax type switch in the shack to select one or the other before the
signal comes to the preamp. I want to avoid anything that will reduce the
performance of either one but manually plugging and unplugging coax at the
preamp isn't cutting it.

Bill AD8P