Topband: CQ WW Contest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: CQ WW Contest
From: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:15:13 -0500
Well, the intrusion of the horde of SSB "splatter-meisters" into the
traditionally CW DX segmented part of the band this weekend wasn't a complete
loss --- I managed to work more than a few Caribbean 'phone stations not
normally heard, as well as several west coast stations...

I was especially looking forward to getting on this morning (Sunday), to
validate the advantages of my  having installed additional counterpoise wires
beneath my extended inverted "L" yesterday afternoon --- alas & alack, 'twas
not to be: one of the diode strings in my high-voltage power supply decided to
"go south" on me, & it was well past sunrise by the time I'd had it re-built &
operational again...!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ