Topband: 160m & DSL incompatibility

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m & DSL incompatibility
From: "Dave_G4GED" <daves_shack@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:41:34 +0100
Hi
 I know many top-banders monitor the Internet DX Clusters etc whilst operating
on the band.
I wonder if anyone who's suffered from dropped DSL connections due to 160m RFI
into the DSL modem has managed to find a fix?
My DSL line drops just running 100W on Topband. Other bands have no affect.
I've tried wrapping the in/out leads thro' ferrite cores with no improvement.
I think the DSL runs at freqs very close to 1.8Mhz so maybe a sharp notch or
high pass filters are necessary?

Any thoughts?  Please reply to my personal email address as this subject may be
considered off-topic.
If there's sufficient interest I'll post a resume of suggestions received
afterwards.
Mni tnx 73 de Dave G4GED
g4ged@arrl.net