Re: Topband: Take-Off Angle Question

To: W4EF@dellroy.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Take-Off Angle Question
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:42:27 EDT
Interesting observations -- Saturday evening here in NNJ with a modest
station and full Flag antenna to the NE, in an optimum position with optimum
installation details, the band sounded like 20 meters on a good night.
However
last night the EU sigs were riding just above the noise floor - far  weaker
than
than Saturday evening yet there were many posts around me and  reports seemed
quite healthy (altho some 160 meter RST reports I have little  credibilty
in).  And I have seen these more than I'd like - with stations  all around me
reporting big sigs and I can barely, if at all, hear the  stations.. The only
thing I can figure is TOA.